In addition to maintaining a very cautious itinerary to ensure your safety, it should be noted that should the security situation ever require it we would not hesitate to cancel trips or amend our itineraries.
Sachlav IsraelontheHouse has been an accredited provider of Birthright Israel for over 15 years, and has over 30 years’ experience in operating tours across Israel. Throughout this time we have never put any group in danger and no participant has ever been harmed due to political conflict.
The following are some of the basic security precautions taken on the trip:
- Trip itineraries are approved daily with the “Situation Monitoring Room” administered by the Israel Ministry of Education, and coordinated with the I.D.F., Israel Police and other security authorities. A group’s itinerary will be changed immediately to reflect any heightened risk or security concerns.
- Each bus/group is outfitted with a sophisticated GPS (Global Positioning System) so that we are aware of each group’s location at all times. Additionally, at least one Israeli security escort and trained medic will accompany the group at all times.
- Birthright Israel: Sachlav IsraelontheHouse tours do not travel to, or through Gaza, or East Jerusalem, other than the Jewish Quarter of the Old City (changes are possible when permitted by the security authorities). Throughout each day, itineraries are cleared through the official government authorities who also review all educational field trips for Israeli schools and educational institutions.
- A safety and security orientation is held for every group upon arrival in Israel and participants will be briefed regularly regarding current events and any special security arrangements necessary. The orientation and briefings will include guidelines for free time as well as general travel safety.
- Trips do not use public transportation and the tour bus companies and drivers used are subject to Birthright Israel’s strict standards. Drivers are instructed to never leave buses unlocked or unattended.
- The Birthright Israel: Sachlav IsraelontheHouse tour is a very full and structured program and participants are required to stay with their group for the entire duration of the trip.
- Free time is always supervised and in specified locations.
Sachlav IsraelontheHouse strongly recommends participants to take advantage of our free cellphone/SIM rental for the duration of the tour. This way, family feel much more comfortable knowing that they can reach you at any time while you are in Israel.
When trips are running, Birthright Israel operates a 24 hour hotline and Sachlav provides participants and their families with additional contact information.
In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns about the trip safety and personal security we have in place, please contact us on 888-235-0025 or by email email@example.com and we will be happy to help.