It's 10 days of jam packed touring and adventuring. Here are some of the "Top Sights You'll See on Birthright Israel This Summer".
1. Wineries & Chocolatiers in the North
2. Dead Sea & Mediterranean Sea
3. Holy Cities of Jerusalem & Safed
4. The city of Tel Aviv & its famous nightlife
5. Yad Vashem & Har Hertzl
6. Mount Masada & the Desert Locals
7. Market Places in Jerusalem & Tel Aviv
8. The Jordan River & its surrounding mountain ranges
9. A view over Syria and Lebanon from Israel
10.The Western Wall
To get "Priority Status" on a Free trip to Israel next season, make sure you sign up now!
More than 500 000 people have been on a free trip to Israel and how many are guilty of the same 10 amateur mistakes made on Birthright Israel? Honestly, we'd rather not know. Instead, we've compiled a list to help you, the future traveler from making the same "Birthright Blunders".
1. Shaving before swimming in the Dead Sea
Dipping your face of freshly shaved set legs in the Dead Sea is kind of like taking an acid bath - it'll give you a sting you'll never forget. While we're talking about "the sting", we also strongly advise that you never attempt putting your head under water in the Dead Sea. Even if your eyes are closed, "the sting" still finds its way in, and you will reemerge convinced that you have been permanently blinded.
2. Falling "in love" too soon
A lot can happen in 10 days, and a lot can change. Someone catches your eye on the first day, and by day 4 you've noticed they're a perpetual nose-picker. Avoid the awkwardness, keep things in t
1. How to use your phone abroad and avoid roaming fees
To put it simply, roaming is evil. It will cost you a fortune, so turn it off now. Even if you don't pickup the phone, you will be charged.
Step 1: To turn off roaming
On iOS, go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options and slide Data Roaming to OFF.
On Samsung, go to Settings > Connections > Data Usage > International Data Roaming and uncheck International Data.
Step 2: Put your phone on Airplane Mode and turn your Wifi on
Once you've done this, you can safely avoid fees back home. If you would like to use your phone for calls, and more frequently than just when you have access to free wifi, we suggest you get a local sim card.
*FYI Sachlav has access to the cheapest all inclusive sim card plan for Birthright Israel participants, if you're coming on a trip with us, make sure you take advantage of this perk.
2. How to find amazing local food wherever you travel
Half of the travel ex
1. 80% of all participants are from the USA and Canada
Even though Birthright Israel trips are available to participants from across the globe, and groups from 64 countries have participated, the USA and Canada still account for the most participants.
2. One man has pledged over $250 million to Birthright Israel
Although trips are funded by the support of over 30 000 donors, the government of Israel, and Jewish Federations, Sheldon Adelson has played a fundamental role in making Birthright Israel as big as it is today.
3. If you go on a Birthright Israel trip you're more likely to marry a Jewish spouse
It's a fact. A study was conducted among young Jewish adults by Brandeis University which found that among Birthright participants 72 percent will marry Jewish spouses, compared with 51 percent among non-participants. The same study found that 25% of Birthright Israel alumni marry other Birthright alumni!
4. There have been some interesting niche trips along the way
1. Protect your razor with a binder clip
This will also prevent a finger massacre when you're scrounging around in your toiletry bag.
2. Pack non-iron clothes that all revolve around one or two color schemes.
Sounds boring, but you'll be able to mix and match like a pro, and you'll have space in your bags for souvenirs.
3. Keep a change of clothes in your carry-on
Someone spills a soda in your lap at the beginning of a 14 hour flight, and then you arrive and your luggage is lost. Not fun.
4. Put dirty clothes in a laundry bag with a small bar of soap
Mixing your dirty Dead Sea shorts with your clean night out in Tel Aviv gear is less than ideal. Any draw string bag will do the job perfectly, and a bar of soap will keep everything smelling fresh.
5. Email yourself copies of your passport, health insurance documents etc
Why? Because it's just the smart thing to do.
6. Pack basic medication
This should include Ibuprofen, Imodium, band aids, disinfectant,