To be eligible for the Birthright Israel: Sachlav IsraelontheHouse trip you must:
a) Be Jewish;
Birthright Israel identifies an individual as Jewish if:
- You have at least one Jewish birth parent that identifies as Jewish or have completed Jewish conversion through a recognized Jewish denomination; or
- You are from the Former Soviet Union States, and
- You are eligible according to the Israeli Law of Return.
b) Be 18 through 26 years old for a standard trip / or 27 to 32 years old for a Young Professional’s trip;
**LATEST UPDATE: 27-32 YEAR OLDS ARE NOW ELIGIBLE FOR A SELECT TRIP OPTION!**
- If you are applying at age 17, you are not eligible for a trip unless you turn 18 before your trip departure date. If you are turning 27 after May 1st for summer trips, or November 30th for winter trips, you may still be eligible.
- If you are between 27 and 32 years old, you may be eligible for our Israel Young Professioanls – 7 Days trip.
- Applicants must be 27 by May 1st 2018 in order to be eligible for the Israel Young Professionals – 7 Days Trip.
- If you are turning 33 before May 1st 2018, you are no longer eligible for Israel Young Professionals – 7 Days.
- If you are unsure of your eligibility due to your age, or if you have applied in the past, and are worried you are reaching the maximum age limit, you should email us to help determine your eligibility.
c) Have graduated high school;
d) Have not lived in Israel since the age of 12;
e) Have not been in Israel for more than 3 consecutive months since the age of 12;
f) Have not served in the Israeli Army or volunteered on an Israeli Army base;
g) Since turning 18 have NOT travelled to Israel on a peer,educational program (including study programs like gap year, yeshiva/seminary, and/or any other Masa Israel program or experience);
- Important: If you have travelled to Israel since turning 18 on a family trip, private holiday, or tours that were not peer educational, you are eligible for the Birthright Israel gift. If you are unsure, please email our team at email@example.com
h) Not be currently registered in a Jewish Studies program in any institute of higher learning such as Jewish Teacher Training program, Jewish Studies program, Rabbinic program, Yeshiva/Seminary, Jewish Communal Service program, etc.;
i) Have a current US address (be a resident/citizen/full time student in the US).
Not eligible? Don’t worry, all is not lost, click here for your free trip to Israel! If you have any further questions regarding your eligibility status, please email firstname.lastname@example.org